Metro Animal Emergency Clinic (MAEC) is a 24/7 Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care facility serving Halifax Regional Municipality and surrounding areas since 1997. We’re the largest veterinary facility in Nova Scotia, with strong relationships and many years of experience. Our passionate doctors and staff have diverse backgrounds. They are dedicated to enhancing their patients’ health and well-being. With a supportive Board of Directors, we believe in continuous personal and professional betterment through growth opportunities and continuing education. Our recently updated facility supports staff to provide the best care possible for pets in almost any situation. We work closely with many rescue organizations as well as SPCA and Hope for Wildlife.
RVT Full-Time, Part-Time, Casual
Metro Animal Emergency Clinic is a 24-hour Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care facility serving the Halifax Regional Municipality and surrounding communities. We are actively seeking skilled and experienced Registered Veterinary Technicians to join our well-established team. Our patients consist primarily of dogs and cats, but we also see rabbits, pocket pets, and a variety of exotics. We enjoy an inclusive work environment, strong interpersonal relationships, a thirst for knowledge, and a collaborative team mentality.
The ideal applicants would:
- Have a keen interest in emergency medicine, anesthesia & analgesia, and ICU nursing care
- Display excellent technical skills, particularly with blood collection and IV placement, as well as urine and blood microscopy
- Be critical thinkers, excellent communicators, and lifelong students
- Have compassionate, helpful, positive, and engaging attitudes
- Be willing and able to work shifts that include overnights, weekends, and holidays
- Excel in a busy, but satisfying, supportive, and fun workplace
- Have graduated from an accredited VT program
- Have successfully passed the VTNE
- Be licensed with, or eligible for licensing with the N.S.V.M.A.
- Have 2+yrs recent experience in general or emergency practice
Salary is commensurate with experience (and specialty, if applicable). We offer a generous compensation package including a uniform allowance, paid vacation and sick leave, paid association dues, CE budget, benefits incl. medical/dental, life and disability, and an employee assistance program.
Hiring: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
- 12, 10 & 8 hour shifts
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Please forward your resume to Crystal at [email protected].
DVM Full-Time, Part-Time, Temporary, & Permanent Positions
The Metro Animal Emergency Clinic (MAEC) is looking for Veterinarians! We are a well-established, shareholder-owned, 24-hour emergency clinic located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. We have provided emergency and critical care coverage for more than 30 clinics in the Halifax region since 1997. Our city is located on the Atlantic Ocean – just a ferry ride away from Nova Scotia’s capital. Halifax is a hip, busy little city with lots to see, do and eat. Beautiful sandy beaches are just a short drive away as are scenic hiking trails and ski hills.
We offer a supportive environment, practicing high-quality medicine with a strong team mentality. We boast a full team of highly trained support staff including Registered Veterinary Technicians, Technician Assistants, Veterinary Assistants, and Kennel Attendants.
Our on-site lab is capable of running CBC’s, full chemistries, blood gases, coagulation panels, transfusion blood typing & crossmatch testing, cortisol, thyroid testing, and digital referral cytology. We have digital radiography, ultrasound, an anesthetic ventilator with capnography, and our own in-house blood bank.
As our ideal candidate, you have:
- A valid Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) Degree enabling practice in Canada
- License in Nova Scotia or eligibility to become licensed with N.S.V.M.A.
- Excellent client communication and diagnostic skills
- Minimum 1-year experience is preferred.
- Strong leadership skills and positive attitude to enable team efficiency
- Ability to remain calm and effective under pressure
- Ability to work shift work that includes days, overnights, weekends, and holidays.
Compensation packages for full-time employees include:
- Continuing Education allowance
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Uniform allowance
- Vacation and paid sick leave
- Employee assistance program for eligible employees
- VIN access
- Veterinary membership dues
- Discounted pet services, food, supplies
If we feel that you’re a fit for our team, we’ll reach out to set up an interview. Thank you so much for your interest in working with Metro Animal Emergency Clinic.