Were open 24/7, call us now! 902-468-0674

In order to avoid any injury to yourself, do not touch your dog until the electrical source has been turned off or moved.

  • Unplug electrical cord or shut off electricity.
  • If this is not possible, use a wooden broom or another non-conductive object to move the dog away from the electrical source.
  • Check dog for a pulse and also check to see if he (sorry Zola) is breathing. Begin CPR if necessary.
  • If dog is breathing, check inside mouth for any burns, and apply cool compresses to any burned areas.
  • Cover dog with a blanket to prevent loss of body heat.
  • Take dog to your nearest veterinarian as soon as possible.

Even if your dog is not showing any obvious signs of having been electrocuted, you should still seek veterinary help right away. Electrocution can cause abnormal electrical activity of the heart, or fluid can build up in the lungs hours after the shock, which can be fatal.

Need a visit? We are here 24/7 for your pet.

If you need anything at all, please call us at 902-468-0674, and we'll be there to provide real-time answers to your questions.