Any injury of tissue caused by heat, flame, chemicals, or electricity.
What to do:
- Extinguish all flames
- For thermal or electrical burns, immediately place cold water compresses to the injured area, changing frequently to keep cool and wet – do this for a minimum of 30 minutes
- For chemical burns, see Chemical Injuries page
- Take your dog to the nearest veterinarian
What NOT to do:
- Do not apply any ointments
- Do not try to remove any burned skin or hair yourself
Need a visit? We are here 24/7 for your pet.
If you need anything at all, please call us at 902-468-0674, and we'll be there to provide real-time answers to your questions.